Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stephanie Plum Series

I became hooked on the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich about a year ago. These books are currently in the news due to “One for the Money” being made into a movie.

Honestly, I had a little trouble getting into the first few books. I started to get the audiobooks and I love hearing these read by Loralei King. She does an amazing job of bringing the characters to life.

I love the characters Evanovich has created. I'm drawn into the relationships, especially between Stephanie, Morelli and Ranger. Each character is lovable in their own way.

After the first few books I have mostly lost interest in the “mysteries”. They have all become too similar. Lots of bombs, fires, shootings and break-ins. At some point they all begin to run together.

I like that the main female character is independent and hilarious. It’s good to read a story where the woman has two love interests and that’s ok! However, I’m rooting for Morelli to completely win her over. I keep reading the series to see what happens between the characters, I'm bored by the rest at this point.

I just finished #15! Here are the titles:

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score
High Five
Hot Six
Seven Up
Hard Eight
To the Nines
Then Big ones
Eleven on Top
Twelve Sharp
Lean Mean Thirteen
Fearless Fourteen
Finger Lickin Fifteen
Sizzling Sixteen
Smokin Seventeen
Explosive Eighteen

No comments:

Post a Comment