Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fate

Looking for a book that will leave you in a state of deep thought? Pick up Fateless by “Imre Kertesz.” What an excellent writer. Kertesz made me feel so many strong emotions. He has a true gift and won the Nobel prize for Literature to prove it.

In semi-autobiographical format, the book follows a teen boy through the Auschwitz and Buchenwald concentration camps. The boy, George, attempts to accept his fate, but what is his fate? Is this his fate? Is there such a thing as fate? Can you overcome said fate?

George was living through unimaginable atrocity and trying to stay sane. The innocence of his childhood was stripped away and he came face to face with the evil that lurks in this world.

I was often in tears and after I finished, I pondered my own fate and my beliefs on many different things. This is the type of book that can change who you are as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment