Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Power of Now

What does spirituality mean to you? To me, spirituality is the harmony of your inner self with the world around you. Spirituality is being content and peaceful. Throughout my life I have been pulled toward many great thinkers. One of these is Eckhart Tolle.

“The Power of Now” was a book that truly moved me and opened doors of thought that had previously been closed to me. I had to read this book twice to get some valuable insight and I think with further reading I could glean much more.

Often people want to force you into a box of religion. Either you believe in “this” God, or you are wrong. I have chosen a more brood minded approach to my spiritual growth. I think “religion” should be lived and not discussed. All of the rules in typical organized religion miss the point of spirituality completely, in my opinion. To me, religion is the strongest, most private thing a person can experience.

That is one of the reasons this book spoke to me so strongly. I believe that feeding your inner self and living your life in such a way to improve the lives of others is the highest purpose of a life. Also, living in the Now--there is only this moment. Your past is gone and your future is not promised. Eckhart calls this “the joy of Being.”

This book is absolutely not for leisure reading, nor is it for reading by those that are not interested in self-development and/or spirituality. If that is not important to you, reading this book is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment