Monday, March 12, 2012

For Lacy

When Laci Peterson disappeared in 2002, I was on a late night crime show stint. I was pulled in by this case immediately. Something about her drew me and I followed the case closely.

When her body was found and her husband was arrested for murder, I continued to follow the story. When I was pregnant in 2004, coverage was still ongoing. I felt very deeply for this woman, so excited about having her first baby, and the betrayal she surely felt at the time of her death.

I recently read “For Laci” by Sharon Rocha. In this book, Laci’s Mom tells about her life. This book was incredibly moving. As a mother I felt for Sharon Rocha and also for all that Laci missed in life. Rocha’s book was a beautiful tribute to her lost daughter. A mother’s love is never-ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment