Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Van Gogh



Van Gogh: The Life by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith

This biography took a long time to read, but was worth the time investment. Vincent Van Gogh lived a fascinating life. The authors were able to create a detailed account which, even though it is 800 pages, is not boring. The writing pulls the reader in with masterful language and invokes strong emotion.

Van Gogh is one of the most discussed artists in history. I was familiar with his life, as I dabbled in art history in college. However, I had never read that he most likely did not commit suicide. The authors convinced me that he was killed. I found the facts around this very interesting.

I recommend you read this if you are into biographies and have a bit of time on your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment