Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plan B

Plan B by Jonathan Tropper

Jonathan Tropper earned a spot on my favorite author list with “This is Where I Leave You.” I started at the beginning of his career and this is his debut novel.
"Plan B" is good. It is sometimes a bit choppy, and I felt that some of the subplots could have been nixed, but overall I enjoyed it.
The theme of turning 30 resonated with me. Where are you in life, where are you going? That is a pivotal moment. 
 
Tropper has a true talent to show the reader the story. As I read, I can picture a movie with clear characters and scenes. Trooper has the ability to really draw strong scenes and complex characters. As a bonus, I vastly enjoy his sarcastic humor. 

Here is a quote from the book that resembles me: it is about Kurt Vonnegut (who I also adore) “When a visitor expressed surprise at his rather untidy office, he pointed to his head and said, ‘You think that’s messy, you should see what it’s like in here.” Those of you who have seen my desk at work or my "book area" at home...think of what's inside my brain!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment