Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bringing Up BeBe

Bringing up BeBe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting by Pamela Druckerman

I felt that this would be an interesting book about parenting in different cultures, but I found it very flat. Instead of a balanced book about the differences she observed between French parents and American parents, Druckerman straight out assaults all things American. And she's an American!!

The gross generalizations made by the author had me fuming from the beginning. I found the book entirely superficial. I kept thinking surely it would get better, but no, it never did. At most, she offers a tiny bit of common sense parenting advice.

If you are a parent, with precious time to read, don't choose this one! In my opinion, completely useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment