Friday, February 1, 2013

Make Your Own Rules

Make Your Own Rules: A Renegade Guide to Unconventional Success by Wayne Rogers

The title of this book intrigued me. I heartily dislike "rules." The title led me to believe the book would have creative ideas on being successful in business.

I was not familiar with Wayne Rogers. Apparently he was an actor on MASH? I think that is why he got a publisher to print this book. Obviously, he has also become successful as a businessman, but, he is not like the "ordinary" businessman. He started some advantages (money, fame, recognition, etc).

I did stay engaged through the book, but I would say it is more a memoir. Rogers talks mostly about his own successes and how he accomplished them. Although I enjoyed the anecdotes, it wasn't what I had expected.

The book was too long, could have kept the same content and been half the size. And the "advice" is not really "advice." 

I wouldn't recommend this to a reader looking for business insight. But if you liked MASH you might enjoy hearing about Rogers success after his acting career ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment