Friday, January 25, 2013

Let's Take the Long Way Home

Let’s Take the Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell

Oh my goodness. Poignant and incredibly moving, Gail Caldwell tells a story of amazing friendship and love. I was truly touched...even shed tears along her journey.

I have only felt this close to two female friends in my life, and both of those friendships were when I was young. One was from preschool through high school and the other was only for a few years during high school. Both of those friendships faded over time and distance. I would love to have a friend like this again. Someone to totally understand me and just "get" me. However, I find building intimate friendships hard as I like to remain emotionally detached. And with a husband and family it is hard to find the time to devote to a building a new, strong friendship. I have a lot of people I consider friends, but not one best friend who I feel I can tell all my secrets too and trust with my feelings.

Caldwell touched on a lot of points that resonated with me from emotional issues, to drinking, to writing.  Loved, loved, loved this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment