Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

I haven’t closely followed Tina Fey’s career. I do remember a few things she has created--I loved her days on the SNL Weekend Update and also when she came back to impersonate Sarah Palin.

I picked up this book and, through her life story, I really grew to like her. I enjoy her point of view on being a woman in a male dominated profession and also being a working Mom.

I have this recurring fantasy about moving to a farm and making jam. Don't judge...it’s my happy place! I had to laugh when Fey shares her version of my fantasy. She says, “I always fantasize about quitting my job. ‘We don’t need a lot of money’ I tell myself. ‘We don’t live extravagantly; we just live in an expensive city. If we moved to a little house in the middle of Pennsylvania we could live like kings for much less! And we’d all be together all day and we’ll make cupcakes and plant a garden!”

If you are a Tina fan, or even if you aren’t, this is a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment