Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Metamorphosis

My favorite short fiction piece is Franz Kafka’s “The Metamorphosis.” Rarely do I read something that gives me chills and makes my mind spin; this story did both. The main character wakes up one day as a giant bug. Sounds crazy, right? If I hadn't been forced to read this story in college, I may not have fallen in love with it. I may have lost interest from the beginning. But since I was being graded and had a sheet of questions to answer I continued. It brought me to tears.

I fell in love with Kafka.He is the master of dark lit. He has a gift for rich, vivid imagery.

If you don't appreciate literature that you have to read into and analyze, don’t read this one. However, if you love classic, serious prose, this story gives you so much to enjoy and reflect upon. I have interpreted the meaning different ways at different times.

In short--Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment