Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Green Mile

A favorite from the past: “The Green Mile” by Stephen King.

When I was a teenager I used to read primarily from the romance genre. My Mom was into the thriller/horror genre, Stephen King being one of her favorites. I had tried a few of his novels but never engaged. However, at one point I was out of reading material and Mom had just bought the first of six in the Green Mile series. It was short, I was bored, so I read it. I was hooked! And then I had to wait a month for the next installment! Those were six months of anticipation, waiting to see how the story would end.

"The Green Mile" was worth the wait. The character development is perfect and the suspense is high. It varies from other King novels that I've read in that it feels more realistic and is missing the "horror."

Also, if you are a writer, King's "On Writing" is an inspiring read.

No comments:

Post a Comment