Monday, April 16, 2012

My Sisters Keeper

Jodi Picoult is another author that I follow. Sometimes I love her books...sometimes I'm ambivalent.

One that earned her a place on my permanent list was “My Sister’s Keeper.” In typical Picoult fashion, the book is narrated by multiple characters, giving unique points of view. Many ethical and difficult questions are raised. As a mother, how far would you go to keep your child alive? What would you sacrifice? As a sister, what would you do to save your sibling? What would you do to make her wishes come true? And then, in the end, is so much struggle worth it? Will fate override any struggle that you make?

I definitely recommend this one. It was heartbreaking, with typical Picoult twists that you don’t imagine coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment