Monday, April 9, 2012

Game Change

Keeping with the political theme today!

How the American political system works is both asinine and amazing (and sometimes completely ridiculous). The first presidential campaign I remember, as being old enough to vote, was Al Gore against George Bush. And what a race that was! I stayed up all night watching the coverage. The next campaign that really touched me was the race to win the Democratic nomination in 2008. I was torn between Obama, Clinton and Edwards. Edwards had been a favorite of mine in the past, but I respected Clinton and started to become intrigued by Obama. The story of how Barack Obama came to be President of the United States is one of inspiration and hope. I believe he was the right candidate, at the right time. Washington needs more people to shake up the status quo.

“Game Change” by John Heilemann provides a stunning glimpse into a world filled with politics and power. It tells the story of how a nation fell in love (or in hate) with a fresh new face--Barack Obama. I enjoyed every page of this book; a startling glimpse inside the insanity of political campaigning.

No comments:

Post a Comment