Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Reclaiming History

Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by Vincent Bugliosi

Initial thought upon receiving this book...Wow, this is quite daunting.

Who hasn’t heard the conspiracy theories surrounding the assassination of John F Kennedy? Many of them are so detailed and have become so mainstream that many people count them as fact. Bugliosi has done exhaustive research and put together an impressive case that these conspiracies are all wrong. Of course he has many critics, but, in my opinion his view point is very credible.

Back to my initial thought, seriously…this book is incredibly long. I really enjoyed the beginning--Bugliosi provides a minute by minute synopsis of the day of assassination.  I skimmed through the rest and read bits. I wish he could have condensed it, but I could literally feel his passion on the subject,  which I assume led to the voluminous content. 

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone will ever know with 100% certainty exactly what happened in this tragedy.  But it certainly is interesting to study and I admire and respect Bugliosi's quest to find the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment