Monday, June 10, 2013

Sushi for Beginners

Sushi for Beginners by Marian Keyes


First of all I thought this was a cookbook, as it was in the "cooking" section of my "to-read" list. So, I started off a little discombobulated.

Aside from the error in categorization, this was incredibly hard to get into. The story starts out jumping from character to character, and I couldn't keep them all straight. I ended up giving up after several chapters and just reading the end. I didn't like the end any better than the beginning.

This is the second Keyes novel that I've read. I enjoyed "Watermelon" a bit more than this one. The female character was very intriguing, but the male was strangely constructed. I liked it, but didn't love it.

I like the writing style and I get glimpses of a great story, but so far I'm not a Keyes fan. Any recommendations of her best work?

No comments:

Post a Comment