Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

I feel like I need to start off by saying (again) that I'm not usually a fan of the vampire/romance genre. That being said, when I picked up the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series I was determined not to like it. However, Ward is very talented. As you read, you almost forget that vampires are a fantasy. Her character development is simply amazing. So...now I'm hooked.

Book three of the series tells Zsadist's story. I knew, as soon as he was introduced in book one, that he would become my favorite of the brothers. He is a very complex character, recovering from life as an abused slave. He seethes with emotion. I fell further in love with him in book two, and that continued here. He tries so hard to remain aloof and emotionless. Seeing that change with his love for Bella had me in tears. Absolutely wrenching.

I recommend this series to all romance genre readers, even if you don't usually read fantasy, give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment