Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hissy Fit

Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews

I would like to start today’s post with a pet peeve…why do many authors allow “A Novel” to be placed after the title of their book? Really…I thought I was reading an essay on global warming...Sheesh.

Aside from that nonsense, I am unsure how to categorize this one. I thought chick lit, then I thought romance; I’m not really sure what it is. Maybe closer to chick lit, if it is supposed to be romantic it missed the mark by a mile.

Keeley finds her fiancé doing the naughty with her best friend at their rehearsal dinner. She throws a fit, hence the title. From there I hoped for a romance with Will, the mysterious male introduced in the parking lot. But no, he turns into a really strange character. He is basically stalking another lady and there is zero chemistry between he and Keeley.  I was actually rooting for the cheater to be taken back, instead of reading about this guy.

While I really liked Keeley’s character the rest of the book was a bit of a bore. The ending is horrible. Read only if you have nothing else on your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment