Tuesday, March 8, 2016

God, No



God, No!: Signs You May Already be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales by Penn Jillette

My rating:

2 stars—It was Ok.

My thoughts:

I wasn’t impressed. I enjoy reading a variety of religious perspectives and can usually find something of interest in any tale. While there were a few parts that made me think for a brief moment, mostly this book was bad, juvenile boy humor. I don’t find Jillette humorous or interesting. Blah.

Two stars is a generous thing, mostly for a brief period of interest in the very beginning.

Description from Goodreads.com:

“A scathingly funny reinterpretation of the Ten Commandments from the larger, louder half of world-famous magic duo Penn and Teller reveals an atheist's experience in the world: from performing on the Vegas strip with Siegfried and Roy to children and fatherhood to his ongoing dialogue with proselytizers of the Christian Right and the joys of sex while scuba-diving, Penn has an outrageous sense of humor and a brilliantly entertaining opinion on, well, anything you care to think of.”

No comments:

Post a Comment