Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters



Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know by Meg Meeker

Okay...so this is obviously a book intended for men. However, my husband isn’t a fan of reading (unless it is ESPN.com) so I thought I could get some good tips to pass on to him.

Right away, I found it hard to take Meeker seriously. In part, because I grew up without a Father and I feel like I turned out just fine. But the biggest issue I had is the fact that she is pushing an agenda, and pushing it hard. I was surprised a woman wrote this. She seems to want to take girls back in time…way back. While there are a few helpful pointers for Fathers who want to create a lasting bond with their daughters, most of this was just Meeker's opinions.

If you are a Fox news fan, you might enjoy this book. Otherwise, definitely skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment