Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gone Girl



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Amy and Nick are married for five years, they have recently moved from New York to the Midwest. Suddenly Amy disappears. Was she kidnapped? Or killed by her husband?  

I had heard mixed reviews from friends on this one. For me, personally, I was on the edge of like/hate.

First issue for me was that it wasn’t hard to guess what’s happening. I had a few different ideas, but I definitely wasn’t shocked by the twist in the middle.

Second issue was that the story moves very slowly for the first half. It was a struggle to stay engaged.

Third issue is the ending. Horrible ending. I won’t give anything away…but I was very disappointed.
The wrap up is just completely unbelievable.

Aside from those issue I still enjoyed the writing, Flynn kept me engaged, so I couldn’t come down firmly on the hate side.

No comments:

Post a Comment