Sunday, January 26, 2014

Writing...

If you are reading my blog it's a good bet that you love books. Anyone else love to write, as well as read? I recently did a creative writing class and had to respond to "What is writing, to you?" Thought I would share...

Writing, to me, is passion. I have always loved the feel of putting pen to paper in an effort to create something from nothing. As a small child some of my most vivid memories are of books. The smell of them, the feel of the pages in my hand, the vivid colors and equally vivid images the words invoked. Stories were the first thing I ever felt a burning passion about. I couldn't get enough; still cannot. All the genres, even magazines, even catalogs; it didn't matter.

The first story I wrote was in Kindergarten, on Indian Tablet notepaper. It was a simple story, of a man who discovered a treasure chest of gold in a cave. Simple, as a five year old would be expected to create, but I can still remember the jubiliation of getting that story from my mind, onto that paper. A feeling of relief, a feeling of accomplishment. The remainder of my childhood was spent creating more and more stories. The older I become, this never changes. My love for creating words into thoughts, into sentences, into stories--it has only grown stronger.

A blank page is a masterpiece, waiting to be created. The true love of my life. Stolen moments, jotted thoughts, laying bare my soul...the passion never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment