Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lover Enshrined

Lover Enshrined by JR Ward
Again, I will say that J.R. Ward is now one of my favorite romance authors. I hardly remember that the characters are vampires…or that vampires don’t exist. She is that good!

Book five of the Black Dagger Brotherhood wasn’t as good, in my opinion, as the first four. This one, book six, continued in that vein. The problem is this: The first four books all had a starring male (Wrath, Rhage, Zsadist, Butch). These males were built up, complex and so emotional. Then, in book five, it felt like Vishious was more of a supporting actor. And I was sad because I really liked V’s character and I wanted him to have his own strong story. So…this one should be Phury’s story. But again, I don’t think the story focused on him. Even less so than V in the previous book. I felt like his character was capable of so much more. The love story in this one was luke-warm, at best.

I still enjoyed the book however. It is packed with action and has subplots involving other characters that I love. I’m hoping that book 7 (Rehv’s story) can get back on track.

Hmmmm…have I become a vampire groupie??

No comments:

Post a Comment