Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Fatal Gift of Beauty

Many people were fascinated by the Italian murder trial of American Amanda Knox. The teenager was going to school in Italy when her roommate was brutally murdered. Amanda and her boyfriend were subsequently arrested and charged with the crime.

I recently finished “The Fatal Gift of Beauty” by Nina Burleigh. This book was hard to read. It is filled with a lot of historical detail about Italy and Knox, but seemed short of facts surrounding Meredith Kercher’s death and the case against Knox. I wouldn’t recommend it. I thought there was too much generalizing and not enough information, I was disappointed.

I am anxiously waiting for Amanda Knox to write her own book or memoir. I feel for the Kercher family, I wish they could know the truth about what happened to their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment