Tuesday, June 26, 2012

102 Minutes

I am back from my hiatus!! I did a lot of reading on my vacation...stay tuned for those reviews coming up.

For a heartbreaking look inside the Twin Towers on 9/11 read “102 Minutes—The Unforgettable Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers” by Jim Dwyer.

9/11 is a day in history that I will never forget. I remember what I was doing when the towers were hit and then I remember the grief and fear I felt in the weeks following the attack.

This book takes you inside the buildings while survivors and rescue personnel recount the chaos in their fight to survive and save others. These circumstances are unimaginable. Some things that really stuck with me from this are the 911 emergency transcriptions of the dying people waiting for a rescue that would never come, the family member accounts of phone calls with their loved ones who they never saw again and the heroes of that day who saved others at the cost of their own lives.

This book is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment