Tuesday, May 1, 2012

True Confessions

A bit ago I read a romance novel by Rachel Gibson. I really liked that book (can’t remember the name!) and decided to add her to my author list. First on the list that I pick up was “True Confessions.” Unfortunately this book had very shallow characters, not at all like the previous book I read. The book revolves around people in a small town and there was a very disturbing quote early on:  “In Gospel, where the color of a man’s neck favored the color red and where pickup trucks and power rigs ruled the roads, a Porsche was about as inconspicuous as a gay rights parade marching toward the pearly gates.” After that, I had a hard time getting into the story. Hard to read a book when the characters aren’t remotely interesting. I was tempted to mark Gibson off my list immediately, but decided to give her one more try. We’ll see how the next one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment