Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Glass Castle


I recently finished, "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" by Jeanette Walls.
 I would recommend this as a beneficial memoir to read.


Walls imparts her memories of growing up in a dysfunctional family. On the positive side, I liked the overall picture--3 of 4 children come out of an awful childhood to a successful adulthood. I appreciate that Walls tells the story in a thoughtful and sensitive way, expressing the love she feels for her family, despite their faults. Walls expresses the need to come of age, pick up, and move on from what holds one back in childhood. In this case, the thing holding Wells back was her family. I hate the thought of any child being hungry and cold. Those images were heartbreaking.

 I recommend this memoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment