Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stitches

Stitches by David Small

Rating out of 5 stars:

4 stars...I really liked it.

Amazon.com Description:


"David Small, a best-selling and highly regarded children's book illustrator, comes forward with this unflinching graphic memoir. Remarkable and intensely dramatic, Stitches tells the story of a fourteen-year-old boy who awakes one day from a supposedly harmless operation to discover that he has been transformed into a virtual mute―a vocal cord removed, his throat slashed and stitched together like a bloody boot. From horror to hope, Small proceeds to graphically portray an almost unbelievable descent into adolescent hell and the difficult road to physical, emotional, and artistic recovery."


My Thoughts:

This book is original and intriguing. I was hooked from page one. This was my first graphic memoir. Small uses his artistic abilities to make the reader feel his words. I was moved by the expression shown in the illustrations. 

I finished this book in one sitting!

Who Should Read:

If you enjoy memoirs definitely read this one! I would also suggest to artistic readers, people who love children...or anyone, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment