Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Captivated By You



Captivated by You by Sylvia Day



My rating (out of 5 stars):

1 star—I didn’t like it.

Description from Goodreads.com:

“Gideon calls me his angel, but he's the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn't sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we'd worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream...”


My Thoughts:

Just…yuck. I am over this trend of breaking books into multiple “installments” following the same characters. Sadly, I really liked the first in this series. In fact, had the first three in the series been combined into one book it probably would have made my favorites list.

I liked the characters enough to drag myself through four books, even though I disliked the writing after the first and actually ended up hating the characters. Books two and three were incredibly repetitive. Then, this installment has zero substance. And folks…there’s a fifth coming out! Sigh.

I recommended book one before I knew better. But now I don’t recommend anyone read ANY of this five book series (that could seriously be one book).

No comments:

Post a Comment