Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Perfect Match



Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult

My rating (out of 5 stars):

3 stars—I liked it.

Amazon Description:

“In the course of her everyday work, career-driven assistant district attorney Nina Frost prosecutes child molesters and works determinedly to ensure that a legal system with too many loopholes keeps these criminals behind bars. But when her own five-year-old son, Nathaniel, is traumatized by a sexual assault, Nina and her husband, Caleb, a quiet and methodical stone mason, are shattered, ripped apart by an enraging sense of helplessness in the face of a futile justice system that Nina knows all too well. In a heartbeat, Nina's absolute truths and convictions are turned upside down, and she hurtles toward a plan to exact her own justice for her son -- no matter the consequence, whatever the sacrifice.”

My Thoughts:

Picoult, once again, brings a troubling issue to the page. I enjoy her books on a certain level, but tend to feel like something is missing. That held true here. I liked the book, but felt it was skating over the issue with the sheer abundance of drama in the plot.

I liked it, and if you like Picoult, you will like it too. She is a talented author and I do recommend her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment