Friday, November 15, 2013

The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

Well…I finally got to this book. Honestly, after all the hype, and the fact it was made into a movie, I expected it to be better.

So Andrea, the main character, gets a job with a mean boss. Basically…BFD. Who hasn’t had a mean boss in corporate America? Am I the only one who didn’t think Miranda’s expectations were that outrageous? 
I tried to like Andrea, I really did. But the fact she just keeps holding on to this job with the naive belief that after a year she will land the job of her dreams just made me want to pull my hair out. Pages and pages of whining. Yuck!

Repetitive and boring…not the worst book out there, but not something I would recommend, either. I’ve not seen the movie, but can’t imagine the plot line from the book being something I would want to watch. Unless they made the screenplay more interesting and the main character less annoying!?

No comments:

Post a Comment