Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life Without Summer

Life Without Summer by Lynne Griffin

As a Mother, this book really hit me emotionally.Tessa's life is forever changed when her 4-year old daughter is killed in an accident outside her preschool. The grief is palpable, as Tessa tries to make sense of her new life. Every Mother's fear is to lose a child. Just reading about this character's loss was painful. I cannot imagine the feelings that would come from losing one of my babies.
 
Tessa spends time with her grief counselor, Celia, who is also struggling with a loss from her past and current family problems.  Both women are keeping journals of their struggles and their voices are honest and emotional. I liked the plot of dysfunction and unexpected events. Life is not perfect and this book shows that.
 
While I liked this book, overall, there were a few things I didn't like. Each woman had enough character to fill her own book. I would rather have read a book about only Tessa or only Cecelia. I also didn't love the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment