Wednesday, May 4, 2016

An Invisible Thread



An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year Old Panhandler, A Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski

My rating:

4 stars—I really liked it.

My thoughts:

I loved the moral of this story. I enjoyed how Schroff wove in her background, how she got to the point in life where she could open her heart to Maurice, a boy in need of love.

I was very disappointed when Schroff got married and allowed her husband to dictate her relationship with Maurice. I could tell that she was disappointed in herself, as well. I appreciated her honesty.

If everyone opened their heart, life and home to one child in need…what a world this would be…

Description from Goodreads.com:

“In the tradition of the New York Times bestseller The Blind Side, The Invisible Thread tells of the unlikely friendship between a busy executive and a disadvantaged young boy, and how both of their lives changed forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment