Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dream Lake


Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas



Amazon Description:

“One of three Nolan brothers who call Friday Harbor home, Alex Nolan is about as bitter and cynical as they come. He battles his demons with the help of a whiskey bottle, and he lives in his own private hell. And then, a ghost shows up. Only Alex can see him. Has he finally crossed over the threshold to insanity?

Zoë Hoffman is a born romantic. When she meets the startlingly gorgeous Alex Nolan, all her instincts tell her to run. Even Alex tells her to run. But Zoë somehow manages to open his mind to the possibility that old ghosts can breathe new life into a broken soul--and that love can reach beyond time, space, and reason to take hold of hearts that yearn for it. . . .”

My Thoughts:

Lisa Kleypas has an amazing talent for writing chemistry and emotion into her characters. I became hooked on her historical romance books and have loved almost every one she has written.

This particular book is in her newest contemporary series—Friday Harbor. I was hesitant because I am not usually into any type of magical or ghost theme, but I found myself loving this one in spite of that. Alex’s character is well-done and I enjoyed the emotional connection between him and Zoe. I recommend anything written by Kleypas!

No comments:

Post a Comment