Monday, May 13, 2013

The Last Place You'd Look

The Last Place You’d Look: True Stories of Missing Persons and the People Who Search for Them by Carole Moore

I torture myself with missing person cases. Especially missing children. One of my biggest fears has always been being abducted. Now that I'm a Mother, that fear is magnified for my children.

The news is overflowing with stories of people who are taken or simply vanish. I keep a spreadsheet of certain cases and follow up on every year. Only a small percentage are ever truly solved.

This book profiles many different cases. The writing was below average, but the content was good. I would have rather read a book that focused on a few of these cases, as opposed to just a small bit of information about multiple cases. Overall, though, I appreciated this one. God bless all the people who search for the missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment