Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Horizontal Life

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands by Chelsea Handler

Description from Amazon:
In this raucous collection of true-life stories, actress and comedian Chelsea Handler recounts her time spent in the social trenches with that wild, strange, irresistible, and often gratifying beast: the one-night stand. Encouraged by her motley collection of friends (aka: her partners in crime) but challenged by her family members (who at times find themselves a surprise part of the encounter), Chelsea hits bottom and bounces back, unafraid to share the gritty details. My Horizontal Life is one guilty pleasure you won't be ashamed to talk about in the morning."

What I thought:
I admit that I love Chelsea Handler. I love that she is an outspoken woman, making her success in a mostly male-driven career. I have read and enjoyed all of her books.

In this one, Handler tells short stories regarding her past sexual experiences. Are they all true? Who knows! But they are, at times, laugh out loud funny.

Critics of Handler say she is narcissistic, glamorizes drinking, is racist, is disrespectful, and is prone to stereotyping. All of these are, perhaps, a bit true. However, in my opinion, she is just honest and that means not always being politically correct. That is something that I happen to find refreshing!

People who are over-sensitive should not read this book. Oh, how I would love to write a tell all like this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment